History of the Tudor room
The fifth floor and Tudor Hall, Montreal’s first Music Hall, were built in 1928. This impressive oak paneled room rapidly gained prominence partly due to the existence of a grand concert pipe organ, an important feature of Tudor Hall. For several years, there were virtually daily organ recitals and at least once a week, a variety of local radio station broadcasts emanated from the Hall. In 1931, from their broadcasting studio adjacent to Tudor Hall, CFCF and CKAC aired the first Montreal Orchestra broadcast across Canada. During the 40s, the Hall was used for war effort purposes.